Popular reggae artists have pushed the sonic envelope recently. The reception by reggae lovers has varied.
There are different perspectives on why this is, and if its the right direction for the music. We analyze perspectives and presumed motives in the context of the current revolution and in general terms.
Listen to this episode to hear:
- Reactions to Chronixx saying there is no match for Sizzla in a clash.
- Reactions to Chronixx’s song “Cool As The Breeze/Friday.”
- “Who would be the next best Jamaican versus battle?
- A Taste of Sumfest: Who were the best performers?
- Should artists give a different performance online versus in-person?
- Is the reggae revival over?
- Jada Kingdom – Win (Single and Video).
- Buju Baton – Blessed (Official Music Video).
- Poison Dart @ Sound Man Link Up.
- Team Torment “Locked and Loaded.”