THIS REGGAE LOVER EPISODE FEATURES A LEGENDARY ATL SOUND SYSTEM SELECTOR, FADDA JINX of KING AP SOUND.
- 0:56 - Early history of King Apocalypse Sound
- 9:43 - Meeting Marc Stewart, doing college radio, and getting bookings
- 10:39 - Preparing to be a hardcore selector by cutting foundation dubs
- 11:50 - Process of building a dub box in the late '90s
- 13:40 - Competition and being able to defend yourself at any time when playing out
- 15:49 - Voicing the big bad Super Cat dubplate
- 20:09 - Expanding to incorporate King AP's Connecticut branch
- 24:27 - Doing more sound clashes in the future
- 33:20 - 1990s soundclash versus today
- 35:58 - The most well attended ATL sound clash
- 43:22 - Team Torment family
- 47:11 - Events: Beer Vibes (ATL) & J'ouvert (CT); Reggaematic carnival band
Follow King AP on Twitter and Instagram @KingAPSound @faddajinx. For bookings contact (678) 923-1981 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Reggae Lover theme music was produced by ĀGARD out of Brooklyn, NYC.
Support this podcast at — https://redcircle.com/reggae-lover/exclusive-content
Advertising Inquiries: https://redcircle.com/brands
Privacy & Opt-Out: https://redcircle.com/privacy