We talk about the influence of reggae. How has reggae music has affected the whole world?
During this episode, we touched on the following:
- Bob Marley was one of the most influential people ever.
- The many genres that stemmed from Jamaican music including EDM, Reggaeton, and Hip Hop.
- Many new reggae fans globally in the period from 1960 – 2000.
- Indigenous reggae markets and sound system scenes globally.
- Dancehall choreography transported all over the world.
- Producers and artists sampling and covering reggae/dancehall.
- Rastafarian culture has permeated the world and been appropriated.
- Reggae is both the catalyst and the soundtrack for movements of social change.
- One of the only genres that can be spiritual, political, and entertaining at the same time.
- The important traditions of teaching and empowerment through reggae lyrics.
And there is so much more or as Bob Marley said “So much things to say…”