Who Runs Jamaica? examines the dichotomy that is the incarcerated, gold-selling, chart-topping, and ever polarizing Vybz Kartel.
Who Runs Jamaica? If you ask most young people who runs Jamaica, they would tell you Kartel. For instance, his murder conviction was recently upheld by the Jamaican appeals court. However, he won the Best Male Dancehall Artist category at the International Reggae and World Music Awards in Jamaica this year. In addition, he won the same award last year.
- 3:10 – Tory Lanez IG Live shut down.
- 5:04 – Reggae community responses to COVID19.
- 11:41 – Reggae musicians historically provide social commentary. Therefore, we highlighted coronavirus and quarantine themed reggae/dancehall songs from Sizzla, Luciano, Ding Dong, Kabaka Pyramid, Christopher Martin, Ce’Cile, Christafari, Ed Robinson, DYCR, Silver Kat, Zagga, Mr. Vegas and more.
- 22:10 – Walshy Fire’s second Quarantine Clash featuring Bobby Konders (Massive B) versus Jazzy T (Renaissance).
- 26:40 – Major Hype (Massive B) versus Nore (Afrique).
Main Segment – Who Runs Jamaica?
- 32:45 – Firstly, What matters more to Kartel fans, his songs, or whether he committed the murder?
- 44:10 – Secondly, Would more people attend a Vybz Kartel concert than Buju Banton’s Long Walk To Freedom concert in Jamaica?
- 54:04 – In conclusion, What would the dancehall industry be like if Vybz Kartel was never allowed to record music in prison?